Bunn High School
Sports & Entertainment Marketing 1
Instructor: Mr. Peter Ashford Phone: (919) 496-3975 Email: email@example.com
Virtual Classroom Hours 12:00pm-12:45pm via Google Meet
Virtual Office Hours: M-Th 2:30pm-3:00pm via Google Meet
In this course, students are introduced to the industry of sports, entertainment, and event marketing. Students acquire transferable knowledge and skills among related industries for planning sports, entertainment, and event marketing. Topics included are branding, licensing, and naming rights; business foundations; concessions and on-site merchandising; economic foundations; human relations; and safety and security.
The course is divided into 4 main units:
- Understand career planning, marketing, product management, selling, and promotion for the sports and event industries.
- Understand marketing-information management for the sport and event industries.
- Understand marketing planning and promotion for the sport and event industries.
- Understand selling, promotion, product/service management and pricing for the sport and event industries.
Grading for this course is based on the following:
The final evaluation for this course is a state End of Course exam. The exam counts 20% of the student’s final course grade.
Remote Learning Expectations:
- Be on time to the Google ‘Meet’
- Have active and appropriate conversations during the ‘Meet’
- Wear school appropriate clothing while ‘Meeting’(if camera is on)
- Complete assignments on time and submit ON-TIME...understanding late work is penalized
- Be proactive...ASK for help if you don’t understand or have problems..COMMUNICATE with me quickly
Make-up Work/Late Work: Students will be given 2 days to make-up work for every day absent. After the 2 day grace period or after the due date, 10% will be deducted for each day it’s late.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.