FMS 8th Grade Math - Hooper (2019-2020)
Welcome to Mr. Hooper's Math Canvas Page
Consequences will be given to students who do not show FMS PBIS expectations.
Verbal warnings, seat changes, parent contact, lunch detention, in school suspension, and/or office referrals.
- Define, evaluate, and compare functions.
- Use functions to model relationships between quantities.
The Number System
- Know that there are numbers that are not rational, and approximate them by rational numbers.
Expressions and Equations
- Work with radicals and integer exponents.
- Analyze and solve linear equations and inequalities.
- Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
- Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software.
- Analyze angle relationships.
- Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
Statistics and probability
- Investigate patterns of association in bivariate data.
Prodigy Math (Students will log-in using the Sign in with Google button)
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.