Instructors: Major Anthony Bond & MSgt Goodine
Virtual Office hours: Tu - Th (2PM (1400h) to 3:30PM (1530h)) via TBD; students can access links for these hours from either Gmail (Grades 6-12) or their Google Calendar (Grades K-12) sent from their teacher(s).
Students will access course information by clicking on Assignments. Students will need their student number and password for NCEdcloud.
PARENTS: Use the following directions to create a Canvas Observer Account
- Have your student(s) Generate a Pairing Code (this will be different for each student).
- Go to https://fcschools.instructure.com/login/canvas (bookmark this site so that you can easily access your Observer dashboard for your student(s).
- Click on Parent of a Canvas User? in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- Complete the required information in the window, which will include inputting the student Pairing Code. Multiple students can be added.
- Go to the Dashboard to see your student(s)' courses.
- Parents can sign into this account to easily access their student's courses within Canvas.
- What can parents view as an Observer?
AFJROTC Homework Assignment
AIR FORCE JROTC COURSE SYLLABUS
COURSE NAME: AFJROTC
CREDIT HOURS: 1
INSTRUCTOR’S NAME: Major Anthony F. Bond (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MSgt James Goodine (email@example.com)
TEXTBOOKS: Cultural Studies: An Introduction to Global Awareness (AS)
Leadership Education I: Citizenship, Character & AF Tradition (LE)
Leadership Education III: Life Skills and Career Opportunities (LE)
Phone: (919) 496-3725 ext. 272 or 273
Mission, Goals, and Objectives: Mission - Develop citizens of character dedicated to serving their nation and community. Goals - to instill values of citizenship, give service to the United States, develop a personal responsibility, and instill a sense of accomplishment in high school students. Objective - to educate and train high school cadets in citizenship; promote community service; instill responsibility, character, and self-discipline; and provide instruction in air and space fundamentals.
Aerospace Science 220: Introduction to Global Awareness – We will study the world cultures of Russia and the Former Soviet Republics (Chapter 4), Latin America (Chapter 5) and Europe (Chapter 6).
Leadership Education 100: Traditions, Wellness, and Foundations of Citizenship: We will study the American Flag (Chapter 5, Lesson 1) and Introduction to JROTC Programs (Chapter 1).
Leadership Education 300: Life Skills and Career Opportunities; Drill and Ceremonies – We will study Charting Your Financial Course (Chapter 1), Managing Your Resources (Chapter 2), Career Opportunities (Chapter 3) and Aiming Towards a College Degree (Chapter 4). We also study drill and ceremonies.
Wellness Program: Physical Training (PT) – We will conduct a Physical Fitness Test at the beginning of the semester. We will do PT to improve your physical fitness and reassess at the end of the semester to measure your improvement. A health assessment form must be filled out and signed by you and your parents/guardians before beginning the program.
UNIFORM DAY: WEDNESDAY. You will wear the prescribed uniform as directed by the AFJROTC instructors. This will normally be short sleeve shirt (tie/tie tab optional) and blue pants/skirts although the service coat will be worn on occasions. Your instructors will cover the proper wear of uniforms, hairstyles, jewelry, body piercings, etc. in class.
Homework and classroom assignments will account for 10% of your total grade and all chapter tests will account for 30% of your grade.
Quizzes, classroom and homework assignments and drill participation will account for 10% of your total grade and uniform wear/inspection will account for 30% of your grade.
Grades are derived from participation (10%) and wearing the required PT uniform (10%).
A 100 – 90%
B 89 – 80%
C 79 – 70%
D 69 – 60%
F 59 – 0%
- Be Productive
- Pay attention in class
- Ask questions about the class or related subject
- Be Prompt
- On time for class (National Anthem and Cadet Creed)
- Turn in assignments on time
- Wear the uniform on the assigned days
- Be Polite
- Address the SASI as Major Bond or Sir
- Address the ASI as Sergeant Goodine or MSgt Goodine
- Respect your fellow student and other teachers
- Pay proper respect to the American Flag
- Come to attention when special guests (Principal, Superintendent, etc.) enter the room
- Be Prepared
- Have all need materials for class (books, writing materials & uniform)
- Use the bathroom before class
Cadet Guide - LHS Cadet Guide - 21 January 2020.doc
Cadet Creed - CADET CREED.docx
USAF Officer Rank - USAF Officer Rank.pdf
USAF Enlisted Rank - USAF Enlisted Rank.pdf
30 Step Drill Sequence - 30 Step Drill Sequence.pdf
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.