Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Office hours: 11-12 daily via Google meet; students can access links for these hours from either Gmail (Grades 6-12) or their Google Calendar (Grades K-12) sent from their teacher(s).
Students will access course information by clicking on Pages. Students will need their student number and password for NCEdcloud
PARENTS: Use the following directions to create a Canvas Observer Account
- Have your student(s) Generate a Pairing Code (this will be different for each student).
- Go to https://fcschools.instructure.com/login/canvas (bookmark this site so that you can easily access your Observer dashboard for your student(s).
- Click on Parent of a Canvas User? in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- Complete the required information in the window, which will include inputting the student Pairing Code. Multiple students can be added.
- Go to the Dashboard to see your student(s)' courses.
- Parents can sign into this account to easily access their student's courses within Canvas.
- What can parents view as an Observer?
Teacher: Mr Patrick Conn
Phone: (919) 496-3725 Ext: 245
Tutoring Hours: T & TH 2:45-3:30
Pre-Calculus provides students an honors level, weighted study of advanced functions, analytic geometry, data analysis and trigonometry in preparation for AP Calculus.
- Functions and Graphs
- Polynomial, Power, and Rational Functions
- Exponential, Logistic, and Logarithmic Functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Analytical Trigonometry
- Analytic Geometry /Conics
- Polar Coordinates and Vectors
- Sequences and Series
- 3 ring Binder with paper
- Pen/ Pencil
- Charged Chromebook
- Scientific/Graphing Calculator
- Students should be in their seats and prepared for class (see materials/supply list) when the bell rings.
- Students will be ready to work, with their materials.
- Productive. Students will work the entire class period. Only your note book, calculator, and pencil are permitted to be on your desk. No cell phones out.
- Students are expected to be respectful toward their peers and their teachers. We are all here to support and help each other.
- The student is required to make up all missed work within 5 days after returning.
- Students should use the restroom before or after class
- Daily class attendance is necessary, it is the student’s responsibility to complete and turn in all make-up work.
- Focus Problems. Given daily. Collected weekly as a quiz grade.
- Students are required to take notes daily, they must be titled and organized.
- Homework is assigned daily! Must SHOW work for credit.
- Classwork/Homework (25%)
- After each unit. (50%)
- Final Exam (NCFE state exam): 20% of overall grade.
- Tutoring available upon request
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.