Adobe Visual Design
How is the course structured?
Visual Design is a project-based curriculum that develops career and communication skills in print production and graphic design, using Adobe Creative Cloud tools.
Visual Design develops four key skill areas:
• Project management and collaboration
• Research and communication
• Professional print production using graphic design tools
Students experience subject areas and skills across careers in graphic design, photography, print and layout design, and production.
What is covered in the course?
The key skills emphasized are:
• Soft skills such as interviewing and responding to feedback
• Designing for a variety of audiences and needs
• Problem solving supporting multiple perspectives, design process and effective communication
• Peer teaching and evaluation in a collaborative environment
• Technical image manipulation and print publishing skills
In this class, students use Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Illustrator CC to develop images. They use Adobe InDesign CC to design and build layouts and print materials. They use Adobe Acrobat X Pro to review and improve content, produce print-ready materials, and develop a portfolio.
The key skills emphasized throughout the semester are:
• Project management skills such as task management, client management, milestone tracking, and contingency planning
• Illustration and drawing
• Communication with peers and team members, using project plans or specifications
• Design and redesign
• Technical graphic- and print-production skills such as creating vector-based graphics and filters • Design solutions, including multi-page and double-page layouts
This content prepares students for the Adobe Certified Associate, Visual Communication using Adobe Photoshop CC, Graphic Design and Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator, and Print and Digital Media Publications using Adobe InDesign examinations.
Advantages of this course?
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) credential certifies individuals have the entry-level skills to plan, design, build, and maintain effective communications using different forms of digital media.
As an individual, an Adobe Certified credential allows you to:
• Differentiate yourself from competitors
• Get your CV noticed
• Attract and win new business
• Gain recognition from your employer
• Leverage the power of the Adobe brand
Adobe Certified Educator Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Education Trainer, Adobe Campus Leader
Adobe Certified: Premiere Pro CC2015, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign CC 2015, Dreamweaver and Flash CS6
Adobe Education Trainer
Office: 919-494-2332 Ext. 250
Hours: 11:00 – 1:00
Tutoring Hours - Tuesdays 3:00-3:30
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.