In this course, you will learn the most important topics of Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Encore. Students first learn how to get started with Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition. Students then learn how to import assets to create a project and how to work with transitions, motion effects, and how to create titles. Then, working with After Effects, students learn how to import assets to create a project, work with basic drawing tools and apply some basic animation techniques. With Audition, students learn how to create multitrack sessions and restore audio files. Students also work with advanced techniques while integrating Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition to create a documentary, a PSA, and a commercial. Finally, students learn how to enhance viral videos with special effects. The last part of the class will teach students how to create an electronic portfolio with Encore. Students will be able to create an electronic portfolio of the projects they created while working through this class.
How is the course structured?
Digital Video Honors is a project-based curriculum that develops career and communication skills in digital video production, using Adobe Creative Cloud tools.
Digital Video Honors develops four key skill areas:
• Project management and collaboration
• Research and communication
• Professional video production, using video tools
Students engage in skills to learn storytelling, capturing and editing video and audio, and finalizing content for DVD, web, or digital videotape. Digital Video Honors addresses each of these areas, using a project-based approach. Students gain experience through real-world projects that help them understand roles and processes across a broad range of careers involving digital video.
To simulate a professional work environment, students gradually migrate their video work from an individual process to a group process, focused on personal and client work. The projects contain activities that require students to plan their communication and focus and then evaluate and improve their communications.
What is covered in the course?
The key skills emphasized in the first semester are:
• Ethical considerations for editing and producing videos
• Designing for a variety of audiences and needs
• Problem solving that helps support multiple perspectives
• The design process and effective communication
• Peer teaching and evaluation in a collaborative environment
• Shooting, capturing, editing, and enhancing video and audio
In this course, students use Adobe Premiere Pro CC to edit video. They use Adobe Story CC to write a script. They use Adobe Audition CC to create and edit audio, and Adobe Encore CS6 to produce content for a DVD.
The key skills emphasized throughout the semester are:
• Soft skills such as interviewing and responding to feedback
• Advanced motion graphics and special effects techniques
• Communication with peers and team members, using treatments and project plans
• Iterative development and redesign
• Project management skills such as task management, client management, milestone tracking, and contingency planning
• Music creation
This content prepares students for the Adobe Certified Associate, Video Communication with Adobe Premiere Pro examination.
PROJECTS:( Projects are subject to change throughout the semester and will be a variation of the projects listed below)
Module 1: Video production basics
Module 2: Action events
Module 3: News stories
Module 4: Public service announcements
Module 5: Portfolios
Module 6: Commercials
Module 7: Mini-documentaries
Module 8: Final portfolios
Advantages of this course?
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) credential certifies individuals have the entry-level skills to plan, design, build, and maintain effective communications using different forms of digital media.
As an individual, an Adobe Certified credential allows you to:
• Differentiate yourself from competitors
• Get noticed
• Attract and win new business
• Gain recognition from your employer
• Leverage the power of the Adobe brand
Adobe Certified Educator Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Education Trainer, Adobe Campus Leader
Adobe Certified: Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign CC , Dreamweaver and Flash CS6
Adobe Education Trainer
Office: 919-494-2332 Ext. 250
Planning Hours: 11:00 – 1:10
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.